Monday, May 18, 2015

Fasting and praying

Hello!

I have to make it quick this week because all of the computers were taken for EVER!

Anywho so this week was good! I fasted and prayed for patience because I was feeling super impatient with EVERYTHING you know the whole "Me want cookie NOW!" deal. So I was fasting, I was hungry, nothing was happening, and I was bummed but I decided to keep trying and see how things turned out. So nothing had happened and it was time to break my fast. I was disappointed to say the least but I am not allowed to fast more than 24 hours (missionary rules) and THE SECOND I prayed to end my fast I felt absolutely fine. And that's when it hit me that being patient is all about knowing that God is in control and that as long as you keep the faith and endure, things will be fine! It is an absolute testament that God is there and that he wants to bless us but He will do it in his time and only when we are obedient and have faith in Him.

Love,
Elder Norrell

No comments:

Post a Comment