Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Email from July 13

Hello everyone!

I love you all very much and I hope to hear from you so I can know how you are all doing.

Nampa has been treating me well and I have been working hard! There's this taco truck and it is SO GOOD. It's amazing to see how much love you can have for people you just met.

So it has been brought to my attention that there are many things occurring in the world that are frightening. Know that Christ has foreseen all of the challenges that we will and are facing and not only has He foreseen it but He has also felt our pain and our joy, so that He could know exactly how to help us. Perfect love casts out all fear so hold to the Lord and none other, build on Him as a house is built on a sure foundation. Any temporal foundation such as science, worldly logic, or material things will fail. Christ told us to lay not our treasure where moth and rust doth corrupt but to lay up our treasure in Heaven. For where our treasure will be, there will our heart be also. Do not put your faith in the arm of flesh but in the arm of the Lord. Treasure up the Spirit of God in your home, invite it in and chase away the spirit of contention. Treasure up your families, do not let them go. Treasure up your faith, continue to build it. These are some of the few things that last for eternity. The division between right and wrong is growing. We must take time to separate ourselves from the bad influences in our lives and to make the decision in our heart now that we will make good choices and align our will with God's.

Be happy! This is a time to have joy in knowing that there is a Heavenly Father that loves us. Despite what we may do and where we are or were, we are still God's children. It is never too late to turn to Him. He loves you and is waiting patiently for you to be willing to accept His help. He cannot help us if we won't accept it.

I hope you are all having wonderful weeks. I sure am. If you are reading this email, I love you very much and I will always do my best as a missionary, a son, and a friend.

Love,
Elder Norrell

No comments:

Post a Comment